Healthy food is part of a healthy lifestyle. The Nutrition Center ‘s ‘Wheel of Five’ is a good starting point. If you eat according to the Wheel of Five, you are getting enough of all the products that provide health benefits, plus all the necessary nutrients to get fit. Choose something different from each slice every day so you get a varied meal on your plate. The general advice is:
- eat a lot of fruit and vegetables.
- especially use whole wheat, such as whole wheat bread, whole wheat pasta, couscous.
- eat less meat and more vegetable. Vary with fish, legumes, nuts, eggs and vegetarian products.
- take enough dairy such as milk, yogurt and cheese.
- enjoy a handful of unsalted nuts.
- use soft or liquid lubricating and cooking fats.
- drink enough such as tap water, coffee and tea.