We all know that healthy food sustains our body and provides us with the energy we need to function. During this time with the COVID 19 pandemic, It is important to boost our immune system. This is possible with practicing healthy eating habits. This is vital in decreasing the risk of many chronic diseases including COVID 19.
How to Develop Healthy Eating Habits
Practice these healthy eating habits:
- Learn to eat different kinds of vegetables. The best ones are dark green, red and orange vegetables.
- Aside from eating vegetables, eating a variety of fruits is also recommended.
- Include in your diet whole-grain, fiber-rich bread, and cereals. Lessen refined or processed carbohydrates.
- Learn to drink fat-free and low-fat dairy products.
- Eat foods rich in protein. These protein-rich foods should have low fats. Examples of foods are beans, poultry with the skin removed, fish, unsalted nuts, lean meat, and tofu.
- Lessen your intake of saturated and trans-fats.
- Learn to use olive oil or canola oil instead of palm oil.
- Lessen salt intake.
- Cut on Junk food.